University members from Kingdom of Denmark, Faroe Islands and Greenland joined the Danish Realm caucus meeting. Chair Pirkko Pulkkanen, the Manager of International Projects was the facilitator of the caucus meeting. The President of UArctic, Lars Kullerud and Secretary General Outi Snellman sent greetings and presented the latest developments in UArctic. From the Thematic Networks, the Vice-President Kirsi Latola presented and provided essential information about the upcoming Arctic Congress that is going to be held in Bodø, Norway in 2024.
Reports from DAHES funded projects were:
- Summer schools and online course development on Arctic WASH led by Technical University of Denmark and linked to the Thematic Network on Arctic WASH, Pernille Erlend Jensen
- Strengthening circumpolar network in Arctic health research through mentorship, education and research activities led by SDU and linked to Thematic Network on Health and Well-being in the Arctic, Professor Christina Viskum Larsen
- The first thousand days of Inuit children in the Arctic: a collaboration on the study of parenting program and risk assessment in maternal healthcare led by University of Greenland and linked to the Thematic Network on Health and Well-being in the Arctic, Professor Christina Viskum Larsen
- Community Art-based Sustainability in the Arctic led by Ilisimatusarfik and linked to the Thematic Network on Arctic Sustainable Arts and Design and the Thematic Network on Children in the Arctic – Traditional Knowledge and Sustainable Development, Peter Berliner
- Designing and developing permafrost internships in the Arctic led by University of Copenhagen and linked to the Thematic Network on Permafrost, Ylva Sjöberg.
UArctic would like to Thank DAHES for hosting and for the warm welcome, and we would like to thank all the participants for engaging. We are looking forward for the next caucus meeting, next year.