The workshop will be organized at Tampere University (Finland), 16.-17.11.2023, and is free of charge. The workshop offers lunch and coffee during the two days. Participants are expected to cover their own travel and accommodation costs.
The workshop is a two-day event happening on-site on the city centre campus of Tampere University, in collaboration with the Scott Polar Research Institute at Cambridge University and the Northern Institute for Environmental and Minority Law (NIEM) at the Arctic Centre, University of Lapland. The idea is to bring ECRs and senior scholars together for an intensive workshop where an active, encouraging and constructive atmosphere is created in cooperation with the participants, keynote speakers and the organisers. The keynote speakers are Dr. Sanna Kopra (Senior Researcher at Arctic Centre, University of Lapland & Senior Fellow at The Arctic Institute) and Prof. Richard Powell (Scott Polar Research Institute, Cambridge University).
- About the workshop: events.tuni.fi/sustainability-and-the-arctic/
- Call for abstracts: events.tuni.fi/sustainability-and-the-arctic/call-for-abstracts/
Key dates to keep an eye on:
- Abstracts submission deadline: 18.9.2023
- Notification of acceptance by email: 2.10.2023
- Update on the draft: 6.11.2023
- Workshop dates in Tampere: 16-17.11.2023